VMware Cloud Community
RanjnaAggarwal
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

vCloud Automation Center Management Agent Service failed to start in vRA 7

After powering on IaaS server,  VCAC Management Agent service had stopped. When we tried to start the service we got the below error as seen in the below image. And also services were not showing as registered in VRA root console.  So we tried reinstalling agent in IaaS server and after that VCAC Management Agent service was up and running. But still services were not showing as registered in VRA root console. Anyone who can guide me on same?

mgmtservice failed.png

Regards, Ranjna Aggarwal
6 Replies
GrantOrchardVMw
Commander
Commander

You may have the same root cause, but the Management Agent being online/offline won't affect service registration.

Have you by any chance performed a certificate update?

Grant http://grantorchard.com
0 Kudos
RanjnaAggarwal
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

no

Regards, Ranjna Aggarwal
0 Kudos
kumarankpl
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Could you attach the Management Agent config file?

Example location : C:\Program Files (x86)\VMware\vCAC\Management Agent\VMware.IaaS.Management.Agent.exe.Config

0 Kudos
BGATOS
Contributor
Contributor

Hey did you ever get a resolution for this? i am having same problem in vra 6.2 and looks to be preventing upgrade

0 Kudos
BGATOS
Contributor
Contributor

Found the issue for me. Turns out for some reason the  VMware.IaaS.Management.Agent.exe.Config file was empty! Luckily i could get this info from another agent server.

Cheers

0 Kudos
TomOtomanski16
Contributor
Contributor

I managed to resolve this issue by deleting the blank config file, copying the backup config file (.bak) and renaming the copied backup config to the original name. After this the service started without issues.