VMware Cloud Community
dmuligan
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

vCenter SSO HA

Hi,

anyone using the vCenter SSO in HA ?, I followed the SSO deployment guide for vRA but the automatic failover does not work, if I shutdown on of the nodes we start to get exception errors creating tenants,adding bussiness group,... with both nodes works fine ( load balancer seems ok )

Any experience with vCenter SSO 5.5up2 HA and vRA 6.2.2 ? is there anything missing in the guide or any extra settings to configure  ?

Thank you.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
stvkpln
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

The only recommendation I can make, and I'm under NDA so I can't expand on why I'm saying this, but..... I wouldn't invest any time in getting this to work and use the Identity Appliance. Wish I could provide more details than that.

Personally, I've seen nothing but pain and heartache trying to integrate the two, and every time an update comes out for one or the other, it leads to teeth gnashing and irritation trying to figure out what wasn't properly tested / validated between the two products, and it leads to all sorts of other problems. I've also seen a lot of, for lack of a better word, weirdness, trying to get SSO working in a highly available configuration like that.. It's quirky.

Just my $0.02.

-Steve

View solution in original post

2 Replies
stvkpln
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

The only recommendation I can make, and I'm under NDA so I can't expand on why I'm saying this, but..... I wouldn't invest any time in getting this to work and use the Identity Appliance. Wish I could provide more details than that.

Personally, I've seen nothing but pain and heartache trying to integrate the two, and every time an update comes out for one or the other, it leads to teeth gnashing and irritation trying to figure out what wasn't properly tested / validated between the two products, and it leads to all sorts of other problems. I've also seen a lot of, for lack of a better word, weirdness, trying to get SSO working in a highly available configuration like that.. It's quirky.

Just my $0.02.

-Steve
dmuligan
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

I know what you mean as heartache I´m suffering it, one month trying to have this on production.

We are under NDA as well but vmware professional services recommended us this solution, we changed the identity appliance for vCenter SSO to use port 443 instead of 7444 and then HA.

It seems that this solution is not well tested, thanks for your reply.

0 Kudos