VMware Cloud Community
VirExprt
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

vCAC6 Error: Failed to retrieve upnSuffixes in AD Over Ldap provider

Hello ,

I had deployed a new VCAC 6.0.1 environment and i am getting lots of error at /var/log/vmware/sso/vmware-sts-idmd.log which talks about "Failed to retrieve upnSuffixes in AD Over Ldap provider"

[2014-08-01 16:09:00,453 demo            05180a84-03a1-4771-9c80-148a8cbe3c6d ERROR] [LdapWithAdMappingsProvider] Failed to retrieve upnSuffixes in AD Over Ldap provider demo.test.local

java.security.InvalidParameterException: Null or empty values

at com.vmware.identity.idm.server.provider.BaseLdapProvider.getStringValues(BaseLdapProvider.java:238)

at com.vmware.identity.idm.server.provider.ldap.LdapWithAdMappingsProvider.getAlterUpnSuffixes(LdapWithAdMappingsProvider.java:233)

at com.vmware.identity.idm.server.provider.ldap.LdapWithAdMappingsProvider.getRegisteredUpnSuffixes(LdapWithAdMappingsProvider.java:283)

at com.vmware.identity.idm.server.provider.BaseLdapProvider.normalizeAliasInPrincipal(BaseLdapProvider.java:363)

at com.vmware.identity.idm.server.provider.ldap.LdapWithAdMappingsProvider.authenticate(LdapWithAdMappingsProvider.java:304)

at com.vmware.identity.idm.server.IdentityManager.authenticate(IdentityManager.java:2420)

at com.vmware.identity.idm.server.IdentityManager.authenticate(IdentityManager.java:7907)

at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor91.invoke(Unknown Source)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)

at sun.rmi.server.UnicastServerRef.dispatch(Unknown Source)

at sun.rmi.transport.Transport$1.run(Unknown Source)

at sun.rmi.transport.Transport$1.run(Unknown Source)

at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)

at sun.rmi.transport.Transport.serviceCall(Unknown Source)

at sun.rmi.transport.tcp.TCPTransport.handleMessages(Unknown Source)

at sun.rmi.transport.tcp.TCPTransport$ConnectionHandler.run0(Unknown Source)

at sun.rmi.transport.tcp.TCPTransport$ConnectionHandler.run(Unknown Source)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(Unknown Source)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

I am not sure is this normal behavior? i doubt not but wanted to know if not what would be probably happening wrong around in here...

Thanks in Advance !!

Br,

MG

Regards, MG
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
VirExprt
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

I got to fix the issue by changing the Port for LDAP from 389 to Global Catalog Port 3268. This error was coming with the user member of Trusted child Domain of the primary domain. Since i changed port to GC, i am no more having these error.

Thanks,

Br,

MG

Regards, MG

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
jlharbin00
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Check out this MS KB:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/243629/EN-US

I'm not certain what the screen looks like, but do you have anything listed within the UPN Suffixes tab of your domain (demo.test.local)?

0 Kudos
VirExprt
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

I got to fix the issue by changing the Port for LDAP from 389 to Global Catalog Port 3268. This error was coming with the user member of Trusted child Domain of the primary domain. Since i changed port to GC, i am no more having these error.

Thanks,

Br,

MG

Regards, MG
0 Kudos