VMware Cloud Community
cloerner
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

vCAC6 Advanced Services and Provisioned Resource

Hello @all,

I created an advanced service which calls a powrshell script from vCO. The returened type of the script is a PowerShellRemotePSObject.

I use this in vCAC to have an Item in the users itemslist.

But I cannot even delete this items again. I tried to generate some custom actions, but it seems, that this is not possible for an Powershell object.

Has anyone figuered out, how to get some actions to these objects?

Thanks in advance

Chris

Bild2.PNG Bild1.PNG

0 Kudos
9 Replies
nikolovk
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hi cloerner,

As I can see there are no defined workflows which can be executed over object type PowerShellRemotePSObject. Unfortunately I think you won't be able to create your custom workflow which will delete that object. To prevent yourself from having that objects in Items, just deselect the Provisioned Resource from the blueprint.

0 Kudos
cloerner
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi Nikolovk,

this are really bad news, because I need an object in vCAC for the users. Is there another object I can create with which I can do some custom actions?

Thank you.

0 Kudos
nikolovk
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Do you mean that you want to have an object in Items no matter what is its type? Or you want exactly references to PowerShellRemotePSObject objects?

0 Kudos
cloerner
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I just want an Object of any type on which I can have custom actions. For example call another Powershell script in vCO.

0 Kudos
nikolovk
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

I think you are describing the behavior of catalog items but not the behavior of already provisioned items. If you want to allow users to execute Powershell scripts, just publish your blueprint to all users and they will request it from the Catalog (and do not forget to deselect the provision option from the blueprint).

0 Kudos
cloerner
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Sorry.

No. I already have this Powershell scripts in my catalog, but I want to have Items after the powershell scripts were requested.

0 Kudos
jddias
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

What kind of items?  The only items that can be custom resources are object types recognized by vCO plugins, currently.

Visit my blog for vCloud Management tips and tricks - http://www.storagegumbo.com
0 Kudos
cloerner
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

This is my problem I don´t know what kind of items I can generate. But I need to be able to generate custom actions on these items. This seems not to be possible with powershell items.

0 Kudos
jddias
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

You can manage items that have a plugin defined data type.  For example, you can manage AD users and groups as custom resources when they are created with the vCO AD plugin.  It sounds like you are using PS to create objects and that's fine, but unless you return those plugin objects as output in the vCO workflow.  This is possible, I believe, if you just create an output parameter in your vCO workflow and assign the value of the object you created with your PS script.

Visit my blog for vCloud Management tips and tricks - http://www.storagegumbo.com
0 Kudos