VMware Cloud Community
sylvain82
Contributor
Contributor

vCAC "Unable to find the following property [config.log.page.description] error

Hello,

I'm using vCAC 6.0.1 and for few days I'm getting this error when I connect on the vCAC Appliance admin web page and trying to access the "vCAC settings" page.

I tried to reboot vCAC but I get the same message.

Thanks for your help.

Sylvain

pastedImage_0.png

0 Kudos
4 Replies
VirExprt
Expert
Expert

can you please provide more details of the error,

are you getting this error while accessing vCAC appliances, if so, which one of it?

is it a fresh install or made some tweaks to the configuration?

did you check logs for the server to get more infomration of the issue?

Br,

MG

Regards, MG
0 Kudos
sylvain82
Contributor
Contributor

I get this message when I accessing to the vCAC appliance via the admin web page and after I click on vcac settings tab. This message is displayed and I cannot click anywhere else inside this tab but I still can navigate to other tabs.

Also, I cannot authenticate on my custom tenants I have configured (well I got only one) and when I connect on the default tenant trying to configure my custom tenant I get this error message :

pastedImage_0.png

I checked the log files but cannot find any relevant information that can help me solve this problem....

0 Kudos
VirExprt
Expert
Expert

i suspect that your tenant admin password has expired and because of password expiration you are not able to access tenant althought you are logged in using Administrator credentials. If this is the case, it is known issue and please follow below KB article which might help you fix this issue.

VMware KB: VMware vCloud Automation Center 6.0.x tenants are inaccessible and identity stores disapp...

Hope this will fix your issue.

Br,

MG

Regards, MG
0 Kudos
sylvain82
Contributor
Contributor

I have checked for the password expiration and all vCAC accounts are ok for accessing vCAC.

I tried to updated all vCAC components to 6.1.1 and I get exactly the same messages.

This is wiered because it happened without any change on the infrastructure....

Do you know how I can get more explicit explanations regarding this error.

I have generated a support log bundle but it is not easy to find any relevant information regarding this issue....

0 Kudos