VMware Cloud Community
CSIEnvironments
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

vCAC multimachine Blueprint VXLAN transport zone missing

I am busy seting up a POC environment for vCAC. I have setup vCNS and added it to the vCenter endpoint. When I go to the Compute resource for the single cluster and check the data collection, it shows network and security inventory is always in progress and never seems to complete. As a result I have no transport zone available in the transport zone dropdown in the multimachine blueprint network configuration. Any assistance would be appreciated.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
CSIEnvironments
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Apparently this is an issue with the DEM. I restarted the services on the IAAS server and have finally had an inventory collection complete. I can now see the network scope created in vShield in the transport zone drop down.

Thanks to our local VMWAre system Engineer.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
10 Replies
GrantOrchardVMw
Commander
Commander
Jump to solution

Have you configured vCO for the integration?

Grant

Grant http://grantorchard.com
0 Kudos
CSIEnvironments
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Yes, vCO is configured and the endpoint is setup in vCAC.

0 Kudos
ndalal
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Did you perform Data-collection on Compute Resource? (Networking and Security Data-collection)?

Also, make sure Data-collection on Networking & Security go successful? Once, it goes fine, you should be able to view all objects from NSX including VXLAN pool.

0 Kudos
CSIEnvironments
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

That essentially is the heart of the problem. The data collection for Network and Security just remains on status: In progress. I cannot get the data collection to complete. I am looking for some assistance on how to get it to complete the data collection for Network and Security Inventory.

0 Kudos
CSIEnvironments
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

I found the following error in the DEM_Errors.log:

Workflow 'vSphereVCNSInventory' failed with the following exception:

System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'file:///c:\temp\f2cpgvia.dll' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

I see a couple of these errors for different files.

0 Kudos
ChristianWehner
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Are you using a Windows based vCO Server?

Could you log in to your vCO server and take a look into the NSX workflows, I think there is one which is failing. Could you post the error message from there?

Cheers, Chris

0 Kudos
CSIEnvironments
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

We are using the VCO appliance.

We are not using NSX, we are using vCNS and apparently there are no plugins for VCO.

0 Kudos
ndalal
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

You need to install plugin for VCNS in VCO. Once you install plugin, perform Data-collection and you should be able to view all objects from vcns.

0 Kudos
CSIEnvironments
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Do you happen to have a link to download the plugin for vCNS for vCO? I can only find a link for the NXS plugin which I thought I would install anyway to see if it helped but it didnt.

0 Kudos
CSIEnvironments
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Apparently this is an issue with the DEM. I restarted the services on the IAAS server and have finally had an inventory collection complete. I can now see the network scope created in vShield in the transport zone drop down.

Thanks to our local VMWAre system Engineer.

0 Kudos