VMware Cloud Community
muru_enom
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

vCAC install error

hi,

I m installing vCAC in my lab and facing issues with installing the IAAS component on windows 2008 SP1 system.

I have deployed vCAC appliance and Identity appliance.

All the DNS resolution is working fine.

All the pre-requisite have been met. I ran the pre -req script and everything looks fine. But facing the below error.

----------

C:\Program Files (x86)\VMware\vCAC\Server\Model Manager Data\DeployRepository.xml(541,5): error MSB3073: The command ""C:\Program Files (x86)\VMware\vCAC\Server\Model Manager Data\Cafe\Vcac-Config.exe" RegisterNotificationScenarios -v -c "C:\Program Files (x86)\VMware\vCAC\Server\Model Manager Data\Cafe\NotificationScenariosConfig.xml"" exited with code 1.

Done Building Project "C:\Program Files (x86)\VMware\vCAC\Server\Model Manager Data\DeployRepository.xml" (VARegistrationFinalSteps target(s)) -- FAILED.
Build FAILED.

--------

Any help would be great

Regards...Murugan

0 Kudos
7 Replies
quantum_2
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Reboot and make sure you have local admin to the 2008 server

run the rereq again , there is a more verbose log to trouble shoot this , I will try to find the name of it for you

Q

0 Kudos
quantum_2
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I am looking at this part error MSB3073

do you have known good media for the install ?

0 Kudos
zebduin
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

It looks like the install is failing on the repository build - thus the vCAC SQL DB.

- ensure MSDTC is set on both the IaaS and SQL server

- ensure that TCP/IP is enabled on the SQL server via SQL Configuration

Also make sure that you have entered the correct data in the installation screens - there are several resources for this.

0 Kudos
muru_enom
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Its working...not sure if the steps are I did was right Smiley Happy

There 3 windows update patche missing..I applied them & restarted the server.

I also restarted the vCAC and Identity appliance....the installation completed.

0 Kudos
muru_enom
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hi,

The installation is over , but now I'm facing issue with the vcac console. When I access the vCAC console ( https://<vcac FQDN>/shell-ui.app) it gives me an error as " The Page can't be displayed "

Any idea  ?

I tried rebooting all the 3 pieces here ( vcac , identity appliance & the iaas component services) , but no luck

Regards..Murugan

0 Kudos
MightySuite
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

It should be shell-ui-app, not shell-ui.app. I am not sure if it is a posting mistake or you really trying with that.

Is this 6.0 or 6.1..? If it is 6.1, you should try with /vcac but not /shell-ui-app

0 Kudos
muru_enom
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

it was posting error...but I got it to work now Smiley Happy

there was error in my identity appliance. I did not mention the port number along with the hostname in SSO setting

Regards...Murugan

0 Kudos