VMware Cloud Community
justanintern
Contributor
Contributor

vCAC Machine Life Cycle With ASD

Hey community,

I have created a vCO workflow that will deploy a VM through a custom vCenter plugin and execute other operations after it's deployment. This workflow has been imported into vCAC through the Advanced Service Designer and it outputs a VC:VirtualMachine scripting object as a custom resource.

My question is what would be the most logical way, if possible to provide the same machine life cycle functionality that is provided with IaaS blueprints to an ASD blueprint? Mainly, I would like to provide a least time to these vCO deployed VM's if possible, with a custom workflow being launched to delete the VM after the lease period ends.

If someone could point me in the right direction or provide guidance, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thank you for your time,

justanintern.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
GrantOrchardVMw
Commander
Commander

Question.... what do you need this to be ASD driven? The lifecycle is really a series of states that are handled by the defined Model in vCAC. It's going to be pretty hard to replicate something like that in vCO. You'd be far better off creating a Blueprint/Catalog Item and then having your vCenter Plugin contact vCO to request the Catalog Item.

Grant

Grant http://grantorchard.com
0 Kudos
justanintern
Contributor
Contributor

Grant,

Thanks for your response. It doesn't need to be ASD driven, the whole entire process up to this point was much more intuitive for me than by following the IaaS structure. If I created a blueprint, what would be most logical way of registering a deployed VM from a vCO workflow kickstarted by the blueprint as a catalog item?

Thanks for your assistance.

0 Kudos