VMware Cloud Community
Czernobog
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

vCAC 6.1 - Setting the default display language to english

Quick question - is it possible to set the default language of the vCAC Portal to english for all users, disregarding what language is preferred in their browser?

I could not find the setting in the portal itself.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Czernobog
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

After following advice from support, for editing to work, the registry key on the IaaS Web Server HKEY_USERS->.DEFAULT->International->sShortDate need to be set to M/d/yyyy

Editing is now working for de as well as en_us set as preferred languages in the browser. Here's the current setup:

- de (german) as preferred language under firefox

- registry key sShortDate value on the the IaaS Web Server: M/d/yyyy

- IaaS web server locale:

Format: Germany

Current Location: Germany

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
abhilashhb
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

This is what release notes says

Internationalization

Localization support in the user interface depends on your browser settings. See the documentation for your browser for details.

The following components are localized:

• Self-service catalog
      • Consumer and administration user interfaces for date, time, number, and currency formats
      • Language preference for notifications

The following user interface components are not localized:

• IaaS administrative user interface
      • Application deployment and update forms in Application Services are in English and not the language that is set in the browser
      • vCloud Automation Center Appliance management console

If the locale selected for the server is different from the locale selected in the browser, a mix of languages appears in the user interface. To avoid seeing multiple languages in the user interface after you log in as an administrator, set the administrator's browser's language to US English.

Abhilash B
LinkedIn : https://www.linkedin.com/in/abhilashhb/

0 Kudos
Czernobog
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

Thanks, but I already know that and it does not answer the original question - what is the way to set one langauge to default, regardless what language is preferred in the browser? The internationalization is causing problems with editing vm's again (error 42000), changing the locale on the IaaS Web Server does not help anymore nad I cannot get a resolution from Support. The only way to get it to work is to change the preferred browser language to en_us, but each user would have to do this on his\her pc, which is not really a solution.

0 Kudos
abhilashhb
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

The answer is only through browser. Thought you'd figure it out.

Abhilash B
LinkedIn : https://www.linkedin.com/in/abhilashhb/

0 Kudos
Czernobog
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

After following advice from support, for editing to work, the registry key on the IaaS Web Server HKEY_USERS->.DEFAULT->International->sShortDate need to be set to M/d/yyyy

Editing is now working for de as well as en_us set as preferred languages in the browser. Here's the current setup:

- de (german) as preferred language under firefox

- registry key sShortDate value on the the IaaS Web Server: M/d/yyyy

- IaaS web server locale:

Format: Germany

Current Location: Germany

0 Kudos
thedoctor46
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hi Czernobog,

to set this reg key doesn't work for me. I have also restart the IaaS Server... no change.

Do you have a tip for me?

0 Kudos