VMware Cloud Community
nyjz1298
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

vCAC 6.1 Catalog Entitlement - Can't search or select users or group?

I'm installing vCAC 6.1 from scratch and am attempting to entitle a group of users to my first catalog item.  When I'm on the Administration > Catalog Management > Entitlements tab and type in "domain admins" or "domain\domain admins" to find a  user I just get "No data to display."

vcac1.jpg

I thought my identity source was the issue so I double checked that...

vcac2.jpg

And the strange thing is I can search that identity store when I'm under Administration > Groups

vcac3.jpg

I'm not sure why I can't search for users and groups above but I can search for them in the administrator > groups option.  I've been stuck on this for about a day and can't get anywhere.  I've rebooted the identity va, the vcac va, and the iaas server.  The va logs don't show anything is wrong either.

I've been walking through some youtube videos by Yves Sandfort.  I've watched all the videos in the series and followed everything but at 10:08 in the video I get to a stopping point.

VMware vCAC 6.0 - Basic Hypervisor Blueprint by Yves Sandfort - YouTube

I'm new to vCAC so I could have done something wrong.  I hope its that simple.  Let me know.  Thanks!

Joe

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
GMCON
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Just have to make sure but have the domain administrators been granted user rights in the business group this entitlement is for?  If they have not then you won't be able to grant them rights to that entitlement.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
amurrey
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

I appear to have the same issue with my 6.1 install.

It was working in 6.01, and with the upgrade to 6.1 I am seeing the exact same symptoms.

0 Kudos
GMCON
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Just have to make sure but have the domain administrators been granted user rights in the business group this entitlement is for?  If they have not then you won't be able to grant them rights to that entitlement.

0 Kudos
amurrey
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Under Business Group Edit, When I type in "domain" and hit the search, it only pulls up a couple of users, and not any groups.  If I put in the FQN of the group, it pulls up nothing.

0 Kudos
GMCON
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

This is pretty much expected behavior, you cannot add groups that have spaces in the name and also you cannot search for groups you have to put in the fqdn of the group and then just click okay at the bottom of the page.  Do not hit enter do not try and search and again the group cannot have a space in the name

0 Kudos
nyjz1298
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I have resolved my issue.  Here's what I was doing wrong:

I did not have any "Group Manager Role" users or "User role" users assigned within my business group.

vcac1.jpg

It wasn't a required field so I must have skipped it during my initial setup.  As I'm learning, the users specified within the business group dictate which accounts you'll be able to can be assigned entitlements to.  From what I'm gathering it's looking at what users have been assigned the business group and then allows only those users (some or all) to receive its entitlement.

Now, as you can see those accounts can be added and searched.

vcac2.jpg

The groups with spaces problem and the inability to search for groups at all seems really weird.

GMCON
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

This is what was mentioned earlier in the thread.