VMware Cloud Community
jreinhart
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

vCAC 6.0 - network woes, "transport zone"

Hello,

I have a new deployment of vCAC 6.0.  I have no experience with prior versions.  We were previously mid-deployment for a vCD environment, but then the announcement came out about splitting out the IAAS providers vs private cloud purposes of each product.  We opted to switch to vCAC since we were not fully committed to vCD.

We have successfully deployed the environment and have imported numerous VMs from vCenter.  However, I'm having some difficulty getting multi-machine blueprints set up with any form of networking.  Every time I try, vCAC asks for a Transport Zone.  From my Googlings, it seems like Transport Zones are a feature of NSX.  However, reading the vCAC documentation, I apparently can do the same thing with vCloud Networking and Security.  I've installed and set up version 5.5 of vCloud Networking and Security, but still no transport zones!

Can anyone help?  Thanks in advance!

- Jesse Reinhart

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
jreinhart
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Well I think I fixed my own issue.  Transport Zones in vCAC translates to Network Scopes in vCNS.  My problem was that after I had configured vCNS properly, I didn't kick off a data collection from vCAC to collect new inventory items.  The default is every 24 hours.  After manually running the data collection, the network scope I had created in vCNS showed up in vCAC as a transport zone.

Now on to the configuration/troubleshooting!

- Jesse Reinhart

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
jreinhart
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Well I think I fixed my own issue.  Transport Zones in vCAC translates to Network Scopes in vCNS.  My problem was that after I had configured vCNS properly, I didn't kick off a data collection from vCAC to collect new inventory items.  The default is every 24 hours.  After manually running the data collection, the network scope I had created in vCNS showed up in vCAC as a transport zone.

Now on to the configuration/troubleshooting!

- Jesse Reinhart

0 Kudos
viktorious
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

0 Kudos