VMware Cloud Community
cmutchle
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

vCAC 6.0 Unable to log in after tenant creation

After creating a new tenant to use with vCAC 6.0, I log out of the default login (administrator@vsphere.local) and proceed to go to the new URL and login. When I do, my login attempts fail. I've followed the documentation and even used this blog entry as a reference to be sure I wasn't missing a step (vCloud Automation Center – vCAC 6.0 – Adding Tenants — DailyHypervisor). After trying to log in with any of the AD users I've created, I get the same 'Incorrect username/password' error.

Attached are screenshots of the new tenant I've created.

Screen Shot 2014-01-08 at 4.54.19 PM.png

Screen Shot 2014-01-08 at 4.54.50 PM.png

Screen Shot 2014-01-08 at 4.55.21 PM.png

Screen Shot 2014-01-08 at 4.56.59 PM.png

I haven't seen any other postings on the community site with people having this same issue, so I figure I am missing something important/simple. Any assistance you could provide would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

--

Chris.

Tags (3)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
kdelgadovmw
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

You likely need to configure your Domain Alias as your AD server is probably changing the domain (if AD is set up to use an alias).

@KCDAutomate

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
kdelgadovmw
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

You likely need to configure your Domain Alias as your AD server is probably changing the domain (if AD is set up to use an alias).

@KCDAutomate
0 Kudos
qc4vmware
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

Did you try using the user name vcacsrvc@hadoop-ad.ut1.omniture.com ?  I believe hadoop.local is merely a text identifier.  If you want to use that you need to change the name to something else and use hadoop.local as the alias I believe.  Personally I have only enjoyed consistency by ALWAYS using the fully qualified names.  It is a pain but until VMware puts on their big boy pants and actually gets SSO working I'd suggest being very explicit.

0 Kudos
kdelgadovmw
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Also please confirm you appended "/org/lab" to your URL before you attempted to log in with tenant user.

@KCDAutomate
0 Kudos
cmutchle
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Once I added a Domain alias into the tenant identity, I was then able to log in by going to /org/lab and using user@domain-alias to login.