VMware Cloud Community
RaymundoEC
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

vCAC 6.0 Endpoint Agent error!

Dear sirs,

I have an issue wirth Agent in vCAC 6.0, installation finished OK, but when I try to add a Fabric don't seed any compute resources available, checking my vCAC installation I notice in the Agent logs this entry, I try to reinstall the Agent but the error seems to happen again, any help will be appreciated!

[Debug]:     Starting Ping Report

[Debug]: This exception was caught:

System.Net.WebException: The request failed with HTTP status 400: Bad Request.

at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.ReadResponse(SoapClientMessage message, WebResponse response, Stream responseStream, Boolean asyncCall)

at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.Invoke(String methodName, Object[] parameters)

at VMware.vSphere.VimService.RetrieveServiceContent(ManagedObjectReference _this)

at DynamicOps.Vrm.Agent.vSphere.VSphereSession.Connect(String username, String password)

at DynamicOps.Vrm.Agent.vSphere.VSphereHypervisorServiceProvider.GetComputeResources(ManagementEndpoint managementEndpoint)

at DynamicOps.Vrm.Agent.vSphere.VSphereAgentService.GetHostClusterList()

at DynamicOps.Vrm.Agent.Core.VRMCoreAgent.SendPingReport()

at DynamicOps.Vrm.Agent.Core.CoreAgentBase.SendPingReportLoop(Object sender, ElapsedEventArgs e)

[Error]: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-16"?>

<boolean>false</boolean>

This exception was caught:

System.Net.WebException: The request failed with HTTP status 400: Bad Request.

at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.ReadResponse(SoapClientMessage message, WebResponse response, Stream responseStream, Boolean asyncCall)

at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.Invoke(String methodName, Object[] parameters)

at VMware.vSphere.VimService.RetrieveServiceContent(ManagedObjectReference _this)

at DynamicOps.Vrm.Agent.vSphere.VSphereSession.Connect(String username, String password)

at DynamicOps.Vrm.Agent.vSphere.VSphereHypervisorServiceProvider.GetComputeResources(ManagementEndpoint managementEndpoint)

at DynamicOps.Vrm.Agent.vSphere.VSphereAgentService.GetHostClusterList()

at DynamicOps.Vrm.Agent.Core.VRMCoreAgent.SendPingReport()

at DynamicOps.Vrm.Agent.Core.CoreAgentBase.SendPingReportLoop(Object sender, ElapsedEventArgs e)

More info, no FW between vCAC IaaS server and vCenter Server and vCAC vApp and Identity vApp.

thanks!

vRay

+vRay
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RaymundoEC
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hello Peetam thanks for the reply.

Here is my solution:

this error refers to bad connection to Agent, since this Agent is installed in other VM, I test installing an Agent in same VM as the Iaas Server, and connection will be locally but trying to reach the fqdn VM for IaaS, this doesn't work again, I guess because there was something related with security but no t properly a firewall, something like Ironport or something (don't really know they don't tell me about) this device works like a nextgen firewall having a king of policy blocking in some way agent connection/communication over network so I kindly (not really) ask to security guys after thousands of approvals to leave this VMs out of this policies, after that everything works OK.

+vRay

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Techstarts
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

Just confirm if endpoint is reachable from vCAC.

Quickest way to check this is to go to Agents tab and in the description tab from the drop down menu you should see vSphere agent. It confirms agent and endpoint are communicating. Here is reference screen from my blog -> http://vcp5.files.wordpress.com/2014/01/image113.png

Check whether agent name is matching the installation name. Also referred in my blog in this screen ->http://vcp5.files.wordpress.com/2014/01/snaghtml562d69b.png

Thanks,

Preetam

vZare.com

With Great Regards,
RaymundoEC
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hello Peetam thanks for the reply.

Here is my solution:

this error refers to bad connection to Agent, since this Agent is installed in other VM, I test installing an Agent in same VM as the Iaas Server, and connection will be locally but trying to reach the fqdn VM for IaaS, this doesn't work again, I guess because there was something related with security but no t properly a firewall, something like Ironport or something (don't really know they don't tell me about) this device works like a nextgen firewall having a king of policy blocking in some way agent connection/communication over network so I kindly (not really) ask to security guys after thousands of approvals to leave this VMs out of this policies, after that everything works OK.

+vRay
0 Kudos