VMware Cloud Community
trailx
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

vCAC 6.0 : Can't add Virtual Machine to inventory

Hi,

Some troubles with my infrastructure. In compute resources, I can't retrieve my VM hosted on my vCenter in order to create a new blueprint.

I tried to import with Infrastructure Organizer but my VM is not detected. Try to relaunch data collection on compute ressources, same problem. Try to stop/start data collection... again and again

In vCAC log, I have :

Virtual machine 'W2K8R2' was updated after inventory data collection start time. Update skipped.

'W2K8R2' is a virtual machine with a snapshot, I want to use it with linked clone mode...

With template VM no problem, I can import  and create an associated blueprint with clone mode...

With snapshot VM, a huge problem... With vCAC 5.2 it worked fine...

--- If you found this information useful, please consider awarding points for "Correct" or "Helpful". Thanks!
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
trailx
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Problem solved, I had two objects with the same name in vCenter inventory (1 VM and 1 template with same name).

--- If you found this information useful, please consider awarding points for "Correct" or "Helpful". Thanks!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
WenshengLiu
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

u can try to delete snapshots, import it, then create snapshot through vcac

0 Kudos
trailx
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Problem solved, I had two objects with the same name in vCenter inventory (1 VM and 1 template with same name).

0 Kudos
bragazzi
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Thanks for posting.  I had the same problem.  Had a backup/clone of the VM on an archive datastore.

0 Kudos