VMware Cloud Community
VCErandy
Contributor
Contributor

vCAC 6.0.1 LVM ext4 Drive additions and format/mount during provisioning supported?

I have a requirement to add 2 additional drive via blueprint and have those drives formatted and mounted during provisioning.

This works fine for Windows but I have not been able to get this to work on Linux.

My requirements call for:

ext4 LVM managed drives on RHEL 6.4 64bit.

10GB

40GB

I would like to use the same base image I use for vanilla RHEL6.4 provisioing.  Modifying the base image is not an option, but it does include the current vCAC agent.  There is an _30 LVM script in the /site/CustomizeGuestOS directory but no documentation on it's use, where is gets it's args from etc. 

I have not been able to find documentation on the syntax needed in the blueprint to facilitate this.  After trial and error, the logs finally show the drives being formatted as ext3 but I have not found the correct blueprint property or setting (the documentation only lists NTFS or FAT32 as format options for the custom properties) and have had to look elsewhere to accomplish this.

This seems like an industry standard requirement, adding drives to a linux os. 

Is this a supported format or should I look to another tool or shell script to facilitate this?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
1 Reply
thitisue
Contributor
Contributor

Hi VCErandy,

I have the same requirement too on Linux OS. But I need more that user able to select to add additional disk (Maybe dropdown list) before submit request.

Lastly I found some value blog below it maybe help you.

vCloud Automation Center – vCAC 6.0 – Configuring Linux Logical Volumes (LVM) us...

0 Kudos