VMware Cloud Community
trailx
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

vCAC 5.2 : Manager Service Error processing data collection response

Hi,

I have some problem with vCAC 5.2. Currently each data collection about vCenter failed (inventory,state,performance,vCNS). I have multiple error like :

DC: 1eaa57d7-33d7-41c4-ab5b-05adc6b46d4f: inventory: LAB-vcenter: LAB-Cluster: Error processing data collection response, StatusID = 959cacac-d8bc-44d8-9718-fab88b75fc7c, exception: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

In group machines, some VM have state "missing". It's because, users request VMs on vCACSelfService portal , then provisionning start or approval process and vCAC service crash (because under 5% of free memory)... So some VMs are not full provisionned ans another are in state "awaiting approval"

So I think I have to clean my database ? , but how ? which table ?

Any help will be very appreciate.

EDIT: To clean request, I purge rows on DataCollectionStatusID => OK Smiley Happy

But still KO :smileyangry: for collecting (vCenter and VCloud) some examples:

Workflow "vCloudDisposeVM" failed with the following exception:

System.InvalidOperationException: Cannot find the virtual machine with the id : 04c1e280-391a-4e9e-99a7-34e0a5c2947f

DC: 8b60dd14-09b5-40c2-9fb4-83d2da34014f: inventory: LAB-vcenter: LAB-Cluster: Error processing data collection response, StatusID = 20783c93-3d2d-4efe-af71-9d92346699ce, exception: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Ce message a été modifié par : trailx

--- If you found this information useful, please consider awarding points for "Correct" or "Helpful". Thanks!
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
trailx
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Problem solved.

About vCenter, the problem was with the item "managed" in dbo.virtualmachine. I modified information in missing status and managed = OK

About vCloud, the problem was the newtork on the orgVdc, I deleted all and created a very simple new one (external direct) => OK

--- If you found this information useful, please consider awarding points for "Correct" or "Helpful". Thanks!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
trailx
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Problem solved.

About vCenter, the problem was with the item "managed" in dbo.virtualmachine. I modified information in missing status and managed = OK

About vCloud, the problem was the newtork on the orgVdc, I deleted all and created a very simple new one (external direct) => OK

0 Kudos