VMware Cloud Community
virtualizedbrai
Contributor
Contributor

updating _deploymentName

Hi,  i am not able to update _deploymentName property at deployment level. at EBS i am triggering event on 'VMPSMasterWorkflow32.Requested - PRE' to rename components. But at what event i can update _deploymentName property.   Thanks S

0 Kudos
4 Replies
CalicoJack
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Neither 'VMPSMasterWorkflow32.Requested - PRE'  nor any other ESB state gives you any chance to override deployment-related properties. You actually have just 2 options:

1) Define property "_deploynentName" on a blueprint-level --> can modify it BEFORE submitting request (through vRO/end-user input).

2) Use XaaS blueprints - here you can override entire request and modify it before any vRA magic happened (and good luck with it!).

Literally nothing you can do for already existing deployment, IMHO.

0 Kudos
virtualizedbrai
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for reply.

I did exactly same to try if it works, added _deploynentName in custom properties and displayed it on request page. But that is not sufficient.

In option 1 you mentioned about modifying it through vRO before submitting request. How that can be done?

Thanks

0 Kudos
CalicoJack
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Well, you defined _deploymentName in a "properties dictionary". Here you can use external value --> vRO Action to create your own name:

pastedImage_0.png

Try this approach, i'm not sure that it will work in this particular case, but at least it is something...

0 Kudos
virtualizedbrai
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you

0 Kudos