VMware Cloud Community
Fwa
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

secondary vRA appliance can't join in cluster

Hi,

The secondary vRA 7.0.1 appliance can't join in cluster, so is there good way to know the cause of this error?

pastedImage_0.png

Thanks,

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Michael_Rudloff
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

How did you install the second vRA ? Did you just deploy the OVA and left the appliance there ?

Do both forward and reverse DNS work for the second appliance ?

___ My own knowledge base made public: http://open902.com
0 Kudos
Fwa
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Yes. I just deploy OVF for secondary vRA.

Of course, I checked that the DNS is working from primary vra appliance as follows:

pastedImage_1.png

0 Kudos
Fwa
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

The vcac-server service doesn't work in the secondary vRA appliance.

And also I can't start this service with the following message: "Property csp.host is set in /etc/vcac/security.properties, but is empty"

pastedImage_0.png

I didn't customize the secondary appliance just after ova file. I deployed the vRA appliance again but I faced the same error with this.

0 Kudos
gradinka
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

the message on vcac-server not starting is OK, as the second VA is not yet configured.

It' gets configured during the join cluster operation

the clustering process will report stuff in "/var/log/messages" and "/var/log/vmware/vcac/vcac-config" files.

you can login to the console and monitor those on the 2nd and Ist VAs, see what the actual error is.

or post them here in a zip.

-on the networking side, make sure to check not onlu full DNS resoltution between the nodes but also with short-names;

-also check whether you have mapping to localhost of the load-balancer VIP in the /etc/hosts file

0 Kudos