VMware Cloud Community
kjoyce_SA
Contributor
Contributor

random vRO workflow issues

I am hoping someone else has run across these issues and can help point me in the right direction. I am running vRA 7.3 w/ vRO embedded. I can run my entire workflow without issue if i run them 1 at a time but If i run multiples I get random failures on my "Run Program in Guest" sections. All of those are just calls to the PowerShell host to launch scripts w/ some parameters passed through. The error is always "The operation is not allowed in the current state."  What I have noticed on those failures is that those scripts are never actually run. The first thing my PS1 scripts do is generate a log file and on any of those failures I never see a log file created.  I am thinking its something to do with the PowerShell host not handling multiple request well.

The other random issue I am having is that after the Cloning from a Template workflow completes some times I will get VMs w/ NIC disconnected. If i manually reconnect the network adapter everything seems file, no IP conflicts or misconfiguration. I am tempted just to add a script to verify the NIC is connected after the clone process but that feels like a band aid fix at best. Any suggestions would be appreciated.  Thanks.

0 Kudos
0 Replies