VMware Cloud Community
RebeccaW
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

"Link" custom property control type - open in a new window instead of on top of request window

vRA 6.2.3

We are trying to use a LINK custom property to provide our end-user to a link to a wiki article explaining requirements for how to fill out the next text field. Issue is that clicking the link brings it up in the same window...the request window. How can we change this to target the link to a new window (target="_blank" like with the Help, and other links in the stock vRA portal site)?

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
msk05
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Does it not a browser setting? Apologize me if I am wrong.

0 Kudos
RebeccaW
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

The end-user can right-click and select where to open links in the browser and some may have settings or plug-ins to do it for them. But I'm thinking the HTML itself would need something in the target attribute of the link to ensure all end-users have it pop into a new window on a plain click. With a wide range of end-users hard to tell if all would instinctively know how to easily open it in a new window/tab.

Looking again at ConfirmNewRequest.aspx I'm guessing there isn't anything I can do to insert display attributes for that property type. We will go with a Label instead.

0 Kudos