VMware Cloud Community
EllenEr
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

is VRM.DataCenter.Location still available to be use in vRA 6.2 custom properties?

Hi all,

I need to create a blueprint to allow users to select 2 different vcenter/geo sites then only dropdown a list of dependency cluster based on vCenter.

Best Regards, EllenEr
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
keeleral
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

So I ran into the same situation, here is how I fixed it. 

1. Update your locations xml file to reflect the names of your data centers
  2. Assign them to the compute resource you want them to go too.
  3. In your property dictionary create a field called Vrm.DataCenter.Location, in that field add the same data center location names you used in the xml file.
  4. Add it to your property layout
  5. You can then add it directly to your blueprint or create a build profile (which I did) to assign to the blueprint.

That is pretty much it, if you are using vCO to do any customizations before the build, the Vrm.DataCenter.Location value get over written at time of provision.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
SkyCoop
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

It came back in 6.2, I think it was 6.1 that wouldn't allow you to define this in the property dictionary.

keeleral
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

So I ran into the same situation, here is how I fixed it. 

1. Update your locations xml file to reflect the names of your data centers
  2. Assign them to the compute resource you want them to go too.
  3. In your property dictionary create a field called Vrm.DataCenter.Location, in that field add the same data center location names you used in the xml file.
  4. Add it to your property layout
  5. You can then add it directly to your blueprint or create a build profile (which I did) to assign to the blueprint.

That is pretty much it, if you are using vCO to do any customizations before the build, the Vrm.DataCenter.Location value get over written at time of provision.

0 Kudos
EllenEr
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thanks guys,

i need this because i have 2 vCenter place at 2 different geo location, so i need to let users to make changes on blueprint selected to choose

1. location(datacenter)

2. switch "template" if at opposite site

3. dropdown network at desired site

4. last storage

Best Regards, EllenEr
0 Kudos