VMware Cloud Community
LejinDu
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

invoking vCO workflow from vCAC blueprint

We have a system including vCAC 6.0, an external vCO and an endpoint of vCenter/vSphere 5.5 cluster. We created some vCAC blueprints and vCO workflows. Our goal is by requesting a vCAC blueprint to deploy a VM and also to invoke a vCO workflow at same time. The problem is "successful in deploying a VM, but failed invoking the vCO workflow". The vCO workflow is wired to the vCAC blueprint using "Assign a state change workflow to a blueprint" workflow. My questions are 1) Is our goal achievable? 2) If achievable, what is the correct procedure connecting the vCO workflow to a vCAC blueprint so that the workflow can be invoked automatically when request the blueprint?

Thanks.

Lejin

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
qc4vmware
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

Before running the "Assign a state change workflow to a blueprint" did you run the "Install vCO customization" workflow?  That is really all I needed to do.  You did also add an orchestration endpoint right?  There is a good video here vCAC-extensibility-package on how to use the extensibility.  It was done for 5.2 but as far as I can tell it all works the same with 6.0 and is now part of the plugin officially.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
qc4vmware
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

I am currently doing this successfully right now.  When you setup your endpoint what was the format?  The documentation does not give a good example.  It should be in the format https://servername.domain:8281/vco .  It won't error out if you supply an incorrect url but the workflows will fail to launch once you are kicking off the blueprints.

0 Kudos
LejinDu
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Thanks Qc4vmware. We originally used the IP address; the problem is still there after changing to domain name as you suggested. Can I ask what is the procedure you link the workflow to the blueprint?

Thanks a lot.

Lejin

0 Kudos
qc4vmware
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

Before running the "Assign a state change workflow to a blueprint" did you run the "Install vCO customization" workflow?  That is really all I needed to do.  You did also add an orchestration endpoint right?  There is a good video here vCAC-extensibility-package on how to use the extensibility.  It was done for 5.2 but as far as I can tell it all works the same with 6.0 and is now part of the plugin officially.

0 Kudos
Aronov
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

0 Kudos
qc4vmware
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

I would suggest using the video I posted.  The workflow does everything that article guides you through I believe but with a couple of clicks.

0 Kudos
LejinDu
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Thanks Qc4vmware and Aronov.

We followed Ac4vmware's suggested additional step "Install vCO customization" and the video, the problem is solved.

Qc4vmware, many thanks and appreciate your help.

Lejin

0 Kudos