VMware Cloud Community
weizhu
Contributor
Contributor

how to pass informations between items in the blueprint?

Hi,

I have a service blueprint with two items.  I want to pass information from one item to another though saving the data in the configuration in vRO using the requestid as the key.  One item is a XaaS blueprint that will collect project information.  Another is a machine type, like vSphere machine.  I can see that in the event broker for the vsphere, i have the __correlationId, which is the request id.  However, in the XaaS blueprint, which is an ASD form with vRO workflow, the __correlationId is not there.  I have an __asd_catalogrequestId, but that is not the requestId of the blueprint.  So, is there anyway I can correlated the items in the blueprint?

Thanks,

-Wei

0 Kudos
2 Replies
parmarr
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

The Catalog Request Id was intended to contain the root Catalog Request ID (the request Id for the deployment). Instead, wrongly, in 7.2 it was showing the id of the inner component request.

Component request Ids are different for the different XaaS components within the same deployment, but the root catalog request id is the same for all components within the deployment.

Solutions for customers that need component request id in 7.3 - > add a host with tenant admin or system admin privileges and use the workflow token id to match the component request.

If you find any difficulty, file a support request with VMware Support.

Sincerely, Rahul Parmar VMware Support Moderator
0 Kudos
weizhu
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you for your explanation.  Is there any way for the XaaS blueprint to have access to the root Catalog Request ID (the request Id for the deployment)?  I don't see any values exposed there..  I have multiple XaaS blueprints within the same catalog item..

0 Kudos