VMware Cloud Community
harirajan2014
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

how to extend the C drive in vcac / vra

Here is the environment .

1. Windows Template C:\ Capacity is 50 GB.

Requirement , only use native vcac provisioning flow , i mean no VCO

1. VCAC VM request itself additional property to increase the C drive .

2. During the Reconfiguration of storage , currently C drive we cannot extend , how we can do that.

I have tried with creating a build profile with VirtualMachine.Disk0.Size but no luck. appreciate your response .

0 Kudos
3 Replies
kumarankpl
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

I don't think its straight forward to extend primary partition from Windows side itself.

1) VCAC VM request itself additional property to increase the C drive .

From Clone perspective you should increase the Storage option instead of Custom property. Since value specified in storage will overide custom property.

http://pubs.vmware.com/vCAC-60/index.jsp?topic=%2Fcom.vmware.vcac.iaas.all.doc%2FGUID-764F3727-109E-...

"The value in the Storageoption on the Build Information tab overwrites the value in the VirtualMachine.Disk0.Sizeproperty. The VirtualMachine.Disk0.Sizeproperty is not available as a custom property because of its relationship with theStorage option on the Build Information tab. More disks can be added by specifying VirtualMachine.Disk1.Size,VirtualMachine.Disk2.Size and so on."

2) During the Reconfiguration of storage , currently C drive we cannot extend , how we can do that.

Extending c drive space using windows itself is somewhat complicated. And i am not you can do this in vCenter also. So i don't think vRA perform this task.

http://www.disk-partition.com/resource/extend-system-partition-windows-7.html

Thanks

Kumaran

0 Kudos
harirajan2014
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Yes Kumaran , but vCenter will support customizing the HDD and H/W in the clone workflow where in we can increase the c drive capacity in vCenter level and it automatically reflects in the guest os level.

but there should some ways to do that .

0 Kudos
kumarankpl
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

As part of Clone workflow you should be able to do.Are you facing issue while clone? Before submitting request you can go and increase the storage from storage grid of VM request page.

Thanks

Kumaran

0 Kudos