VMware Cloud Community
ishaarora3
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

how to display a workflow output or an action output via resource action?

For eg,

I have a customer requirement to display a URL( specific to my product webpage ) to the user when they click on some resource action 'X' from the VRA>items>machines.

This URL is specific to the item for which the action was performed and is generated dynamically via code.

Is it something we can achieve with VRA?

If not, then any other way we can show this.

Appreciate any help with this.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ishaarora3
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

I found this link where they are using workflow output in the XaaS blueprint.

VMware vRealize Orchestrator: XaaS Workflow (hyperlink and image) output example – SolutionYST

Using this in resource action displays another tab in request details where we can see the output.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
qc4vmware
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

I've been asking for this capability since 6.0 but I'm pretty sure its not implemented in the way you want.  I'm pretty sure you can generate some sort of text back to the user... I swear I saw that demo'd at some point... but I could be imaging things.  I've worked with vRA for a very long time but still haven't really spent tons of time with the XaaS forms and custom actions but maybe check the VMware code site for some examples?

Paul

0 Kudos
ishaarora3
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

I found this link where they are using workflow output in the XaaS blueprint.

VMware vRealize Orchestrator: XaaS Workflow (hyperlink and image) output example – SolutionYST

Using this in resource action displays another tab in request details where we can see the output.

0 Kudos