VMware Cloud Community
TheLittleOne
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

get error on generate CSV for bulk import

Hi,

I run an VRA7 enviroment and the bulk import generate csv works fine until yet.

If I click genearte CSV file I get the following error:

Error has occurred. For more information, see event logs on the IaaS server or contact your system administrator.

On the IaaS Server I see the following entry in the application logs:

Timestamp: 5/24/2016 8:26:26 AM

Message: [sub-thread-Id="49"  context=""  token=""] <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-16"?>

<boolean>false</boolean>

System.Web.HttpUnhandledException (0x80004005): Exception of type 'System.Web.HttpUnhandledException' was thrown. ---> System.AggregateException: One or more errors occurred. ---> System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

at DynamicOps.Web.Discovery.AddBulkExport.<LoadConvergedBlueprintsAsync>d__6.MoveNext()

--- End of inner exception stack trace ---

at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.Wait(Int32 millisecondsTimeout, CancellationToken cancellationToken)

at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.Wait()

at DynamicOps.Web.Discovery.AddBulkExport.LoadConvergedBlueprints()

at DynamicOps.Web.Discovery.AddBulkExport.OnLoad(EventArgs e)

at System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive()

at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)

---> (Inner Exception #0) System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

at DynamicOps.Web.Discovery.AddBulkExport.<LoadConvergedBlueprintsAsync>d__6.MoveNext()<---

at System.Web.UI.Page.HandleError(Exception e)

at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)

at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)

at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest()

at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context)

at System.Web.HttpApplication.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute()

at System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously)

INNER EXCEPTION: System.AggregateException: One or more errors occurred. ---> System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

at DynamicOps.Web.Discovery.AddBulkExport.<LoadConvergedBlueprintsAsync>d__6.MoveNext()

at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.Wait(Int32 millisecondsTimeout, CancellationToken cancellationToken)

---> (Inner Exception #0) System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

at DynamicOps.Web.Discovery.AddBulkExport.<LoadConvergedBlueprintsAsync>d__6.MoveNext()<---

Category: Error

Priority: -1

EventId: 0

Severity: Error

Title:

Machine: VRADMO01

App Domain: /LM/W3SVC/1/ROOT/vcac-1-131085052800422421

ProcessId: 6500

Process Name: c:\windows\system32\inetsrv\w3wp.exe

Thread Name:

Win32 ThreadId:5396

Extended Properties:

Anyone has an idea?

11 Replies
Michael_Rudloff
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Is your data collection working on the resource ?

___ My own knowledge base made public: http://open902.com
0 Kudos
TheLittleOne
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi,

yes datacollection was working but I have deleted the enviroment and rebuild it and it works again now Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
TheLittleOne
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi,

it stop working again, with the same error. Anyone any idea?

The datacollection is working without errors. In the Infrastructure ==> Monitoring ==> Log I get the following error:

at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)

at System.Web.HttpApplication.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute()

at System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously)

Inner Exception: at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.Wait(Int32 millisecondsTimeout, CancellationToken cancellationToken)

On the IaaS-Server with is an W2k12R2 I get the following error:

Timestamp: 6/9/2016 6:30:44 AM

Message: [sub-thread-Id="79"  context=""  token=""] <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-16"?>

<boolean>false</boolean>

System.Web.HttpUnhandledException (0x80004005): Exception of type 'System.Web.HttpUnhandledException' was thrown. ---> System.AggregateException: One or more errors occurred. ---> System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

INNER EXCEPTION: System.AggregateException: One or more errors occurred. ---> System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Category: Error

Priority: -1

EventId: 0

Severity: Error

Title:

Machine:

App Domain: /LM/W3SVC/1/ROOT/vcac-1-131098737605226933

ProcessId: 4344

Process Name: c:\windows\system32\inetsrv\w3wp.exe

Thread Name:

Win32 ThreadId:7072

Extended Properties:

What is happening here, that the generate CSV File stops working.

0 Kudos
TheLittleOne
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

If I delete my created Blueprints it works again? I think I have to test some szenarios.

0 Kudos
imanedr
Contributor
Contributor

hi

i have same problem as yours.

if i create new tenant admin user with no blueprint it working just fine, but after creating blueprint bulk imports not working and exception error will rise.

Stack trace

Inner Exception: at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.Wait(Int32 millisecondsTimeout, CancellationToken cancellationToken)

0 Kudos
Pratician
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hello,

I had a problem with the bulk import wizard and I managed to find the issue for me, the problem I was having is that you can't have 2 Blueprints named identically in the whole vRealize Automation, meaning that if Tenant1 name it "BP01" and Tenant2 name it also "BP01", the bulk import wizard failed on a weird error.

I now try to specify the tenant name in the Blueprint name, to distinguish them and make them unique.

Hope it help you.

rmav01
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Ran into the same issue today. I tried renaming all of the blueprints on tenant A that matched with tenant B. Even after renaming the blueprints, I still receive this error when trying to bulk import. I'm assuming that it's not the name but the blueprint ID that is causing this issue? Is the only solution to delete the blueprints in one, and recreate it so it has a different ID? Hopefully this is fixed in a future release.

0 Kudos
imanedr
Contributor
Contributor

hi

i have only one tenant (vsphere.local), and after adding bluprints (with any name) i getting this error.

0 Kudos
GrantOrchardVMw
Commander
Commander

If any of you have SRs logged, please send me a DM with the numbers. I would like to get some root cause analysis on these.

Grant http://grantorchard.com
0 Kudos
rmav01
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

The workaround for me was to make copies of duplicated blueprints, change the ID of the copies to something meaningful at instantiation, and then delete out the parent after testing. I originally tried editing names but I still received the same error when trying to bulk import. For my use case, it seems to be duplicate IDs across different tenants as the root cause.

0 Kudos
virtualsabi
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Only for reference, if someone facing the same issue is stumbling upon this (old) thread:

For me the problem was an empty blueprint. If there is an empty blueprint containing no components, the "Generate CSV File" is generating the error mentioned in this thread.

So deleting this blueprint fixed the issue for me.

0 Kudos