VMware Cloud Community
VirExprt
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

error while making API call : Error: User has insufficient privileges to make this API call.

Hello,

I am trying to explore cloudClient 3.4.1 but while i try to execute a command 'vra catalog list' or other similar commands i get error "Error: User has insufficient privileges to make this API call."

I am not sure what are the permissions of configuration required before i can make the API call because the account which i am using to make these calls already have local Admin privilege on IAAS box & is IAAS Admin/Tenant admin. in short, the user is complete administrator of the tool.

Please help me as i found there is very limited documentation for cloudclient usability.

Thanks,

MG

Regards, MG
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
pizzle85
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

Is the account your using to make the API call entitled to any catalog items? We have normal business group users who use the API with no system or admin access.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
pizzle85
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

Is the account your using to make the API call entitled to any catalog items? We have normal business group users who use the API with no system or admin access.

0 Kudos
VirExprt
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

This worked...i was not sure that vRA appliance has to be connected using the user account, i was connecting using the Administrator Account. As soon as i checked the account to user account, it worked for me...

Awersome!!

Thanks for help!!

Thanks,

MG

Regards, MG
0 Kudos