VMware Cloud Community
VirExprt
Expert
Expert

does DEM worker or orchestrator still get executed when build process is controlled by Event Broker?

I am noticing that since i am using Event Broker for server provisioning, there is not activity in DEM versus it use to comtrol Lifecycle stub for the build.

is the normal?

Thanks,

MG

Regards, MG
0 Kudos
5 Replies
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal

If you're building vSphere machine types, then yes, because that's run through a combination of vRO and then the agent responsible for that endpoint.

0 Kudos
VirExprt
Expert
Expert

this is intresting. coz i am running vSphere builds but i do not see any of the DEMs running with workflows , but still builds are going on....slow tho..

It usually build servers in an hour now it is taking 3 hours to complete..

any points to troubleshoot it?

Thanks,

MG

Regards, MG
0 Kudos
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal

Well, as I said, depending on *what* you are building, the DEM may not be used. As far as troubleshooting is concerned, that's a little off topic. If you want to start a separate thread for organization purposes, we'll be happy to help. Please post full details of your vRA architecture, workflow, extensibility, etc.

0 Kudos
VirExprt
Expert
Expert

i know what it does and what not .. i am surprised to answer my question you need so many details ... sir..with all due respect this is not the forum to make business ... i thought this is the community where people help each other.

Regards, MG
0 Kudos
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal

If you're saying your builds are taking 3 hours instead of one hour, then troubleshooting seems to be in order. People can't help you troubleshoot something that they know nothing about. How is asking for more details in order to help you "making business"?

0 Kudos