VMware Cloud Community
RanjnaAggarwal
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

delete approval policies

How to delete the approval policies in vRA?

Regards, Ranjna Aggarwal
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
abhilashhb
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

You cannot delete approval policies. That's how it is made as it is important for auditing and other accountability. If you want to make sure you see only the active ones and hide the inactive ones you can c the search filters.

Abhilash B
LinkedIn : https://www.linkedin.com/in/abhilashhb/

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
abhilashhb
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

You cannot delete approval policies. That's how it is made as it is important for auditing and other accountability. If you want to make sure you see only the active ones and hide the inactive ones you can c the search filters.

Abhilash B
LinkedIn : https://www.linkedin.com/in/abhilashhb/

0 Kudos
RanjnaAggarwal
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

I am aware about the inactive option but i am looking for deletion. let's assume if i created wrong policy then how can i delete this?

Regards, Ranjna Aggarwal
0 Kudos
willonit
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

As abhilashhb‌ stated, you cannot delete approval policies in 6.x. If you create the wrong one up you must copy it and select a different name for a new one. You can then mark the old one as inactive. There is a way to replace an approval policy when marking inactive such that you can update the old policy with the new one. I recommend including some kind of numbering in the names of your approval policies to help keep track of them.

If you want to experiment with approval policies with out leaving junk in your environment, check out one of the hands on labs for a few hours and use that to try things out.

0 Kudos
RanjnaAggarwal
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Thanks Willonit, but i knew this part that you stated.

Regards, Ranjna Aggarwal
0 Kudos