VMware Cloud Community
mikestevenson00
Contributor
Contributor

customizing notification emails

I am trying to create some custom email notifications, but I'm a little troubled by something in the install and config guide.  On page 163 of the PDF version it says that only the iaas-generated notifications can be customized, and goes on to list a dozen or so templates.  The one I'm particularly interested in, Service Catalog Request Successful, does not appear to be on this list.  Do I understand correctly that I'm stuck with the default email, which includes no useful information at all about the resulting subscription? 

0 Kudos
2 Replies
tm19
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

I believe so, we have turned off the default emails due to them being so bad (formatting and information). We have moved to interrupting the build process with vco and sending the emails we wan't from there, this gives a much better layer of control.

Cheers

Thomas

mikestevenson00
Contributor
Contributor

Interesting idea, I'll look into doing something similar.  I'm primarily working with application services designs at the moment which opens up a whole other realm of similar solutions.  I'm sure I can find some means of doing what I want, even if the most logical solution is locked down for inexplicable reasons.

0 Kudos