VMware Cloud Community
ReinaldoJDamiao
Contributor
Contributor

custom resources not returning variable value to vro

Hi All,

I am building a simple resource action to map an iso on an existing cdrom as a day 2 operation on VRA 8.2.

The resource action will have 2 bindings, one direct VM (from the resource.name) and one string that will be used from the form (it will show the complete iso path from a dropdown, supported by a vro action).

Everything works fine, from the vro form (in vro) and I can see also the information in the Service Broker form. However when using the 2nd day action, the variable value transfered to vro is blank (iso path string).

Can you please advise on some troubleshoot steps in order to try to achieve it?

Thanks,

Reinaldo Damiao

Labels (1)
4 Replies
harry89
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Custom resource which you are using , is it being used as part of cloud assembly blueprint ?

day 2 actions which you mentioned are those the additonal actions ?

and values of those are external?

when you are talking about property binding , it makes me thing you are using resource action

Harry
VCIX-DCV6.5 ,VCIX-NV6 , VCAP-CMA7
Mark answer as correct/helpful if it solves your query
ReinaldoJDamiao
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you for your reply.

Indeed I want to mention resource action and not custom resource.
I ammend my initial post to make it more understandable.

What I figure out is that after I arrive to work next day, the values were already being passed from the service broker action to the vro workflow.

I understand that they are different products running on the same box, although I would like to ask if there is any way of speeding up this synchronization?

Regards,

Reinaldo Damiao

0 Kudos
mastefani
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I've ran into a similar bug in 8.3.  I haven't found a great solution, but like you said I've noticed it fixes itself over time.  For us when we create resource actions about 50% of the time when I first test it out no inputs are passed to orchestrator.  

0 Kudos
xian_
Expert
Expert

Make sure to increase the workflow version, 0.0.0 will not do. 🤦‍