VMware Cloud Community
schofies
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

annoying error in logs "Resource not found for the segment 'VirtualMachineExts'."

I get the error below about six times every minute. I have a HA install of vRA (2 vRA appliances).   After some investigation, the second vRA node is sending a request to the IaaS machines.

Any ideas why a request from the machine NOT hosting Postgres db would be sending to the IaaS Mgr VIP?

PS - When I stop "vcac-server", the error stops.  The machine is gone referenced in the IIS logs on the IaaS machine. Things seem to work fine, just an annoying error.

System.Data.Services.DataServiceException: Resource not found for the segment 'VirtualMachineExts'.

at System.Data.Services.Providers.DataServiceExecutionProviderWrapper.GetSingleResultFromRequest(SegmentInfo segmentInfo)

at System.Data.Services.DataService`1.CompareETagAndWriteResponse(RequestDescription description, IDataService dataService, IODataResponseMessage responseMessage)

at System.Data.Services.DataService`1.HandleRequest()

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
schofies
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Worked with support to delete entries out of IaaS database.  apparently there was a hiccup and the vRA appliance still thought there was an IPAM request to delete and the VM was gone.  Some DB magic with GSS and poof, no more annoying errors.  Hope this helps someone else.  There is a KB article, didn't write it down.  Has the sql files in

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
schofies
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Worked with support to delete entries out of IaaS database.  apparently there was a hiccup and the vRA appliance still thought there was an IPAM request to delete and the VM was gone.  Some DB magic with GSS and poof, no more annoying errors.  Hope this helps someone else.  There is a KB article, didn't write it down.  Has the sql files in

0 Kudos
nanaromance
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

How to fix it?
0 Kudos
Ukusic
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Also getting this in vRA 7.2 simple install (1 vRA, 1 IaaS)

"Resource not found for the segment 'VirtualMachineExts'" in "Infrastructure/Log"

Anyone got a fix?

0 Kudos
Jdeb68
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Any update? I am also seeing this in vRA 7.2, simple install (1 vRA, 1 IaaS).  I also see in the vRA7 appliance a last connected date to the IaaS server over 50 days.

0 Kudos
Ukusic
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Nothing new.. still seeing this. Searching for that kb fixing this 😮

0 Kudos