VMware Cloud Community
Tanner_R
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

XaaS Blueprint - Dynamic field area not updating its value

Hello,

I am working on creating a decommission workflow through a XaaS blueprint, which will automate the decommission process for our environment.

Here is the problem I am facing:

I have two text fields: "Virtual Machine" and "Details". Virtual Machine is a VM name that the user will provide. Details is a text field that I would like to populate with IP address and DNS info (I have an action that will do this, provided a VM name input).

The Virtual Machine fields works, but I cannot get the Details text field to update after the user enters a name. I have the default value set as 'Field > External (My Action) > Input (for My Action) = 'Field > Virtual Machine' which should mean that when the 'Virtual Machine' field is update, the value gets passed to the External action, which will return my extra details. Please see the image to visualize this.

XaaSBlueprintImage1.png

When I open the catalog, the Details field does not even show up. It does not update when I enter a VM name. If I pass a constant (instead of trying to pass the Virtual Machine value), the action works fine and the Details text field gets populated as expected. If I access the blueprint from the blueprint catalog (not the service catalog), and the Details field updates exactly as it should (see the second image).

BlueprintCatalogImage2.PNG

Does anyone have any idea how I can resolve this?

Thanks,

Tanner

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
kumar6384
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hi

Kindly refer the below links:
https://www.vcoteam.info/articles/learn-vco/290-dynamic-input-values-based-on-other-inputs.html

I hope that the above answers your questions satisfactorily.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
kumar6384
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hi

Kindly refer the below links:
https://www.vcoteam.info/articles/learn-vco/290-dynamic-input-values-based-on-other-inputs.html

I hope that the above answers your questions satisfactorily.

Tanner_R
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Apologizes for the late reply. The link you posted was very helpful. Your information, in addition to this post I found: VMware vRealize Automation – Using the vRealize Orchestrator presentation tab – SolutionYST  (needed to use databinding on the presentation tab) allowed me to get my blueprint working!

Thank you very much!

0 Kudos