VMware Cloud Community
dtruckenmiller
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

XAAS Blueprint not picking up presentation customizations

When I create a XAAS blueprint from an orchestrator workflow that uses dynamic properties on presentation parameters these properties are not propagated to the blueprint and have to be entered manually.  That's not great but the deal breaker is that rebuilding the blueprint to pick up new presentation parameters added to the workflow blows away any customizations made in the blueprint.   I hope I'm missing something here and that this is not by design. 
Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
pizzle85
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

you shouldn't need to rebuild the form to get access to newly added vRO workflow inputs. If they dont show up you can just drop a form field and use the vRO input name as the vRA form id. That works just fine. Typically i see the new vRO inputs in my form when i open it to modify.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
CFSCENetAdmin
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

‌From what I have found in our environment is that presentation doesn't propagate to the XaaS Blueprints when in vRA. If you use custom actions to populate the list of available options, you can set the input type in the XaaS Blueprint to drop down and for values select external, setting the inputs as needed.

If custom actions aren't used you could create one that returns an array of strings, for example, with your predefined selections. I found creating custom actions in vRO to be quite valuable for the presentation in vRA.

Hope this helps.

0 Kudos
dtruckenmiller
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I haven't had a problem using custom actions and creating dynamic dropdowns inside vRA.  The problem is that if an input parameter changes on the Orchestrator workflow,  I have to rebuild the blueprint to pick it up and rebuilding causes all of my vRA hard work to go away.  Maybe if I could add a parameter to the blueprint and map it to the workflow without having to rebuild that would work?  I've only worked with vRA and vRO 7 so did this used to work differently or am I asking to much?

0 Kudos
pizzle85
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

you shouldn't need to rebuild the form to get access to newly added vRO workflow inputs. If they dont show up you can just drop a form field and use the vRO input name as the vRA form id. That works just fine. Typically i see the new vRO inputs in my form when i open it to modify.

0 Kudos
dtruckenmiller
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Yep,  I missed them before but now I see them over in the Fields section on the left.  For some reason I thought they'd be dropped in the form like they do in Orchestrator.  It would be cool if vRA could pick up the properties in the workflow since that's where I create them and test them.  Only after they are working do I pull them into vRA.  Thanks!

0 Kudos