VMware Cloud Community
RanjnaAggarwal
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Workflow and ASDs

If i modified the Workflow through ASD then it saves the workflow with the version number then suppose i have two versions of same workflow

ver 0

ver 1

then in one blueprint i want to point one blueprint to ver 0 and another blueprint to ver 1 then how can i do this.

Regards, Ranjna Aggarwal
0 Kudos
12 Replies
AlexJudge
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

If you're referring to vCO workflows, you will need to create two separate workflows, I believe.

0 Kudos
RanjnaAggarwal
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

i am talking about workflows those are vCAC workflows by default there i modified some workflows

Regards, Ranjna Aggarwal
0 Kudos
AlexJudge
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Can you clarify what you mean by 'Workflow"?

0 Kudos
RanjnaAggarwal
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Please check the attached file.

Regards, Ranjna Aggarwal
0 Kudos
AlexJudge
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Ah, ok I see what you mean now.

The recommended way to modify workflows is to use the vCO vCAC Extensibility workflows to customise the vCAC internal workflow stubs. This will give you the flexibility you need.

0 Kudos
RanjnaAggarwal
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

still i am not clear how can in one blueprint i can  point one blueprint to ver 0 and another blueprint to ver 1

Regards, Ranjna Aggarwal
0 Kudos
AlexJudge
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

This is a complex question, but I'll try and cover it.

If you use vCO to extend the vCAC workflows, the additional parts of the workflow are done by vCO, rather than vCAC.

I see you have modified the BuildingMachine workflow stub. By using the vCO workflows, you can call a different vCO workflow from the BuildingMachine workflow stub, based on your blueprint. This means you don't actually need more than one version of the BuildingMachine workflow.

0 Kudos
lnairn
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hi...Do you have, in vCO two workflows?

You can use custom properties in the blueprints, and, based on that custom properties, in advaced services designer, call one vco workflow or the other.

0 Kudos
stvkpln
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Simple answer: you can't. vCO can only call whatever the active version of the workflow is. If you need to perform different functions, you need two workflows... or build one workflow that can handle the various conditions of both scenarios. Every IaaS blueprint has the option of being pointed to a different state workflow for each state, if necessary. Just depends on how much workflow sprawl and overhead you want.

-Steve
0 Kudos
SeanKohler
Expert
Expert

I don't think he is using VCO VCAC extensibility.

What version of VCAC are you using?

0 Kudos
RanjnaAggarwal
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

version 6.0

Regards, Ranjna Aggarwal
0 Kudos
SeanKohler
Expert
Expert

As others have stated, I would really recommend getting out of Design Center and start using VCO to run your stubs.  This explains it well.

http://www.vmtocloud.com/how-to-extend-vcac-with-vco-part-1-installation/

0 Kudos