VMware Cloud Community
Czernobog
Expert
Expert

Wierd issue when requesting a vm - it fails after a field in the approval form is left blank

Hi,

I've got this weird problem since yesterday, when after requesting a vm, the approval form does not include the Memory value:

pastedImage_0.png

The value is not copied from the request. When I leave it blank, the request fail with the error (which is not a suprise):

Exception of type 'System.Web.HttpUnhandledException' was thrown. Inner Exception: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Source: GUI Administration

Instance: Webadmin

Error Stack:

at System.Web.UI.Page.HandleError(Exception e) at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest() at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context) at System.Web.HttpApplication.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute() at System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously) Inner Exception: at DynamicOps.Web.Model.ShimRequest.<GetProperties>b__1(Property e) at System.Linq.Enumerable.WhereSelectListIterator`2.MoveNext() at System.Collections.Generic.List`1..ctor(IEnumerable`1 collection) at System.Linq.Enumerable.ToList[TSource](IEnumerable`1 source) at DynamicOps.Web.Model.ShimRequest.GetProperties(RequestTemplate template) at DynamicOps.Web.Leases.ConfirmNewRequest.LoadProperties() at DynamicOps.Web.Leases.ConfirmNewRequest.OnInit(EventArgs e) at System.Web.UI.Control.InitRecursive(Control namingContainer) at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)

So now each time the approver has to put in this value, or else the provisioning fails. Provisioning without approvals runs fine. It also works, if I remove the Memory field from the approval form, but creating new approvals (since you cant edit old ones) is a pain and not offering the approvers one of the features is not elegant. And then I have to say it is a bug and we all know VMware cannot be the issue.

I've already tried to create new reservations, a new test business group, but to no avail - the memory value is not carried across from the request to the approval form. There is already a SR in the works, but I thought I ask the community too, maybe someone has experienced a similar issue as well.

Thank you for any feedback.

EDIT: The issue is resolved as of vCAC 6.0.1.2

0 Kudos
0 Replies