VMware Cloud Community
weilin07
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Why did VMware disable the VMRC connection in vRA6.2? Just because of remote privilege escalation?

I found a basic architecture as the pic display,if the vRA Appliance also has a console peoxy,can we use VMRC connect to VM that not only in the director? I thought about this suddenly tonight,if any can give me an answer?:smileylaugh::smileylaugh:

Basic VMRC Architectrue.JPG

10 Replies
GrantOrchardVMw
Commander
Commander

vRA doesn't have a proxy, only vCD does (at this point). I expect that to change in the near future.

If you are using vCD with vRA, you can still use the Console Proxy from vCD to access your machines.

Grant

Grant http://grantorchard.com
kumarankpl
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Here is the link for official announcement VMSA-2014-0013 . As Grant said "I expect that to change in the near future".

0 Kudos
lvschie
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Good thing that VMRC is coming back.

Also, a proxy like feature is added (as in vCD) to vRA.

I believe it is scheduled for the end of january.

weilin07
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Yeah,hope in th future:smileylaugh:

0 Kudos
weilin07
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Wow,how can you know that  it is scheduled for the end of january,is that true? I am looking forward it.Smiley HappySmiley Happy

0 Kudos
weilin07
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Yeah,I got it.And hope in the future.:smileylaugh:

0 Kudos
lvschie
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

That's what they are aiming for atleast. I spoke to support about it.

weilin07
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Oke,I will just wait for it,haha.

0 Kudos
SeanKohler
Expert
Expert

Sure hope soon.  Having a private cloud without console capability isn't ideal.

0 Kudos
rszymczak
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Well, I guess it's not the answer to your question (I think Grant gave you the right answer to that) but till it's fixed you can take a look at this: VMRC-Link Creation Package for vRO

Note that this is not using a proxy either but will directly connect your users to your vCenter. If this works in your environment that go ahead.