VMware Cloud Community
afzi148
Contributor
Contributor

When Deploying a VM from blueprint Deplyment failed by Error: A general system error occured. Already exists.

I make a blueprint by adding:
1. vSphere Machine (Clone from window server 2012)

2. Add Network (Make External Network in a network profiles and assign this network to Port Group in the Reservation)

When i am going to deploy this Blueprint this error coming. Already exists but i have not deployed any VM before this with this name and i check all my data stores no VM exists with this name.

I am going to the screenshots.
1. Error
2. Blueprint

0 Kudos
7 Replies
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal

1. What version of vRA?
  2. Please show the blueprint settings on the vSphere Machine component.
  3. Show the network profile that will be consumed by this deployment and the allocated IPs.
  4. Show Infrastructure -> Monitoring -> Log
0 Kudos
afzi148
Contributor
Contributor

1. VRA version 7.2 build 4659752

0 Kudos
kumar6384
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi

you can create new machine prefix try to assign the blueprint provision VM to the new machine prefix.

(Or)

you can create a custom property in the blueprint for “hostname”. Enter the custom hostname for VM provision for testing purpose.

Thanks

0 Kudos
afzi148
Contributor
Contributor

kumar6384​ Thx my problem solved it is issue of services.

1. Can you please help me in the matter that IP is shown to assign the VM but when i open the VM and check there is no IP on this VM.

If you give me any reference book of vRealize which tell all the functionalities. Because i am new and facing many problems.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal

Need more information about your IP assignment issue. You must be using a customization spec first off. This is a good book for vRA although it's from a slightly earlier version.

0 Kudos
prestonville
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Or you can use this free book resource which is very good. For IP use and custom properties see here Chapter 16: Custom properties - Cloud Advisors

0 Kudos
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal

Yes, it's the same book Smiley Happy

0 Kudos