VMware Cloud Community
TechFly
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

What is the preferred way to install software?

I have been doing some reading, and am having trouble getting this one question answered.  What is the preferred way to install software?  I am creating a new VM deploy workflow, and am not sure how most people do this.  Perhaps I am just missing something.  Do people usually just use an external script called by part of the workflow, or is there a better way to do it? 

I need to install things like SCOM, SCCM, AV, and some standard tools.  Normally I would just use a script, copy the installer local, install, and then clean up.  Is that bad when you are using vRA, and vRO? 

Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

If you are licensed for vRA Enterprise, the preferable way is via software components. If not, there are a variety of other methods including vRO, guest scripts, config management tools (Puppet, Chef) and more.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

If you are licensed for vRA Enterprise, the preferable way is via software components. If not, there are a variety of other methods including vRO, guest scripts, config management tools (Puppet, Chef) and more.

0 Kudos
TechFly
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

That's exactly what I needed.  Thanks.

0 Kudos