VMware Cloud Community
vprofile
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

What is Tenant Name using in VCAC 6.1 to VCO Connection

I am trying to run the following workflow from VCO

"Add a vCAC host"

I am getting Host Name, Host URL, SSL certificates and changes according to below URL:

http://extendingclouds.com/2013/12/18/vcac-vco-a-marriage-made-in-the-clouds/

Tenant Invalid is keeping throwing where I have tried following entries as tenant name

All this entries are throwing following Error:

"Error connecting to vCAC server! Invalid tenant: vpshere.local"

Any help?

Thanks,

V

Tags (5)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
GMCON
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

I looked at the screenshot and vsphere.local is misspelled as vphsere.  Since you are using the default tenant though you need to still go into the configuration and configure an Identity store for the default tenant and Administrators and then honestly use a service account or something to use for the login for adding a vcac host. I honestly don't think you can set up to use the default tenant unless those things are done.  Also if you are using an administrator then you would have to put administrator@vsphere.local as the user.

Here is a link to a diagram that walks you through the entire setup

[virtualjad.com]: vCloud Automation Center 6.0 POC and Detailed Implementation Guide

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
GMCON
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

To run the add a vCAC host workflow make sure on the first page that for Host URL you put in the full host if you are doing a simple install then it is the host of the vcac appliance so example https://selfservice.local.org

choose to automatically install certificates and on the second page under tenant you put only the tenant name, which if the web address is https://selfservice.local.org/vcac/org/test then you would only enter test as the tenant.  For the account make sure this account has full access on the appliance.

If still having a problem if you could include screenshots of what you are running or a screenshot of the error that might help.

0 Kudos
vprofile
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hello GMCON,

Attached is the screen shot of my configuration + error.

Thank you for taking look at this issue.

Thanks,

V

0 Kudos
GMCON
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

I looked at the screenshot and vsphere.local is misspelled as vphsere.  Since you are using the default tenant though you need to still go into the configuration and configure an Identity store for the default tenant and Administrators and then honestly use a service account or something to use for the login for adding a vcac host. I honestly don't think you can set up to use the default tenant unless those things are done.  Also if you are using an administrator then you would have to put administrator@vsphere.local as the user.

Here is a link to a diagram that walks you through the entire setup

[virtualjad.com]: vCloud Automation Center 6.0 POC and Detailed Implementation Guide

0 Kudos
vprofile
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hello GMCON,

You are great man. Thanks this issue has resolved. Actually I have misprinted the name while creating snapshot. What I found out is that I was running wrong workflow.

The actual workflow name is "Add the IaaS host of VCAC Host". I put the values as per your suggestions and it worked like charm.

Thank you much.

0 Kudos