VMware Cloud Community
woshijinyun1
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Vra 8.1 multi tenant ad-user can't login

Hi:

my vra8.1 multi tenant integrated AD,  " cn=users,dc=XXX,dc=XXX" ,only users under this default ou can login multi tenant.

if i create new ou,can't login multi tenant, it's say “incorrect users and password”, it's seem that there is not AD authentication

user account even if i sync  the new OU and users.

anyone encountered this problem? how to solve it ? thanks

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Lalegre
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Hey woshijinyun1​,

Some questions here:

• Which is the Base DN from where you are synchronizing?
  • Which is the Base DN you specified on the users tab inside the directory?
  • Which are the Safeguards limit you are applying in the vIDM?

If you are able to sync the users please check that you are applying the roles inside vRA Identity Tab

Please take a look to those points and let us know!

0 Kudos
woshijinyun1
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

hi:

this is my test environment, ad strouct

if i change the sync target ou is "cn=usrs,dc=abc,dc=com", the user "test010" can login tenant vra.

and now i sync target ou "ou=asiainfo-sec,dc=abc,dc=com", the user "jjj" can't log tenant vra. it say "incorrect users and password"

1.png

2.png

in my vra sync DN group

3.png

User Tab

4.png

SafeGuard is default

5.png

In vra

7.png

8.png

0 Kudos
Lalegre
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

I would suggest to first login into your Tenant vIDM and check if the user is actually synced. I suspect that this user "jjj" is not sync inside the vIDM maybe because of the attributes that are required.

I have an installation of vRealize Automation 8.1 using Multi-Tenant and i am not facing this issue. Try the next:

• Login into Tenant vIDM and update the Base DN to: OU=asiainfo-sec,DC=abc,DC=com
  • Update the user DN also to: OU=asiainfo-sec,DC=abc,DC=com
  • Trigger a sync from vIDM manually and paste an output from the Sync Log that is inside the Identity Source.
  • Paste an screenshot from inside: OU=asiainfo-sec,DC=abc,DC=com

0 Kudos