VMware Cloud Community
aamodei01
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

VirtualMachine.DiskN.VMwareType value on User added disks

Hello to everyone and thanks in advance!

I'm trying to determine if it is possible to do the following:

• I have a vCenter Template with 2 Disks (Disks 0:0 and 0:1, or HD 1 and 2, however you prefer to reference them)
  • I have a blueprint using this template, I can do all the usual vRA deployment items, all the OOTB stuff works as expected - (this is fine)

However, I need to make sure that HD 3/4/5/etc are always set to Independent Persistent. I wanted to use the VirtualMachine.DiskN.VMwareType property to set the Independent Persistent option, however it looks like you can only apply this as a custom property to to disks that "exist" in the blueprint (the ones read from the vcenter template).

So, to recap, I want to know (how would I?) set vRA such that when a user requests a vm and they are presented with the storage tab, they can add a 3rd/4th/5th/nth disk in the request, however when the request is processed, disks 3/4/5/n are created and set to Independent Persistent at time of build.

I would love to not have to build a seperate workflow to read and do this action in the provisioning step, but right now, that's the only way I can see aside from making multiple templates and hardcoding values.

Thanks again!

0 Kudos
0 Replies