VMware Cloud Community
aesansun
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Vcac 6 blueprint creattion Action clone

a little stuck on this step.

I went to create a New Blueprint (vcenter) build information is Action: clone.

the radio button in "clone from" doesn't bring up any templates I have in my vcenter.

am I missing a step .. also, how does it know which endpoint to search for ?

so  in the "select template" , I type in the name of my endpoint and still no template comes up .

maybe  I am missing a step ?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
bhoriuchi
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

In compute resources do you see the clusters from the endpoint? If not then you will need to make sure your vCenter endpoint is added correctly (we had to import the vcac certs on the vcenter server to get the agent on vcenter to work propely).

If you do see your clusters then make sure you have the cluster your templates reside in configured on a fabric group that your user account is a member of.

If you have your fabric group configured correctly, make sure you have a reservation created on that resource and that you are a member of the business group you are assigning to that reservation.

If you have all of that done, the only other thing i can think of is make sure you are selecting virtual -> vsphere as your blueprint type.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
hugong
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

hi aesansun,

could you see any error in log viewer in vCAC ?

0 Kudos
bhoriuchi
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

In compute resources do you see the clusters from the endpoint? If not then you will need to make sure your vCenter endpoint is added correctly (we had to import the vcac certs on the vcenter server to get the agent on vcenter to work propely).

If you do see your clusters then make sure you have the cluster your templates reside in configured on a fabric group that your user account is a member of.

If you have your fabric group configured correctly, make sure you have a reservation created on that resource and that you are a member of the business group you are assigning to that reservation.

If you have all of that done, the only other thing i can think of is make sure you are selecting virtual -> vsphere as your blueprint type.

0 Kudos
aesansun
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

thank you for taking the time to explain !! best of luck

0 Kudos