VMware Cloud Community
RonPSSC
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

VRM Agent Errors in vCAC 6.1 - Cannot complete login due to an incorrect user name or password.

Receiving subject VRM Agent errors in vCAC 6.1 on a random/intermittent basis.

I've read other posts documenting similar errors but in almost all of those posts those errors stemmed as a result of either a failed Provisioning Request, a misconfigured vCenter Server Plugin interface in vCO, or some other distinguishable connection failure. In my case, this condition is intermittent (at least it appears to be), and ultimately resolves itself. I have no issues provisioning VMs on any of my Endpoints configured within vCAC and, as far as I can tell, the network appears stable.

At this point since there doesn't appear to be any significant or negative impact to the overall system's health, (for aesthetic reasons only), I usually end up purging these error messages from the DB Table in SQL. I am wondering however if anyone else is experiencing this issue or has any clues as to what may be causing this?

Here's an extract of the typical errors from the Agent Log File.

[6/5/2015 11:54:01 AM] [Debug]: This exception was caught:

System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapException: Cannot complete login due to an incorrect user name or password.

at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.ReadResponse(SoapClientMessage message, WebResponse response, Stream responseStream, Boolean asyncCall)

at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.Invoke(String methodName, Object[] parameters)

at VMware.vSphere.VimService.Login(ManagedObjectReference _this, String userName, String password, String locale)

at DynamicOps.Vrm.Agent.vSphere.VSphereSession.Connect(String username, String password)

at DynamicOps.Vrm.Agent.vSphere.VSphereHypervisorServiceProvider.GetVcenterInstanceUuid(ManagementEndpoint managementEndpoint)

at DynamicOps.Vrm.Agent.vSphere.VSphereAgentService.GetHypervisorData()

at DynamicOps.Vrm.Agent.Core.VRMCoreAgent.SendPingReport()

at DynamicOps.Vrm.Agent.Core.CoreAgentBase.SendPingReportLoop(Object sender, ElapsedEventArgs e)

[6/5/2015 11:54:01 AM] [Error]: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-16"?>

<boolean>false</boolean>

This exception was caught:

System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapException: Cannot complete login due to an incorrect user name or password.

at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.ReadResponse(SoapClientMessage message, WebResponse response, Stream responseStream, Boolean asyncCall)

at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.Invoke(String methodName, Object[] parameters)

at VMware.vSphere.VimService.Login(ManagedObjectReference _this, String userName, String password, String locale)

at DynamicOps.Vrm.Agent.vSphere.VSphereSession.Connect(String username, String password)

at DynamicOps.Vrm.Agent.vSphere.VSphereHypervisorServiceProvider.GetVcenterInstanceUuid(ManagementEndpoint managementEndpoint)

at DynamicOps.Vrm.Agent.vSphere.VSphereAgentService.GetHypervisorData()

at DynamicOps.Vrm.Agent.Core.VRMCoreAgent.SendPingReport()

at DynamicOps.Vrm.Agent.Core.CoreAgentBase.SendPingReportLoop(Object sender, ElapsedEventArgs e)

Thx. Ron

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RonPSSC
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Turns out our network was, indeed, unstable with intermittent packet loss and routing deficiencies... The main culprit appears to have been Virtual Port Channeling (VPC) misbehaving or misconfigured on a physical uplink switch...VPC, in our case, was established to complement our vSphere Teaming and Failover Policy Settings.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
RonPSSC
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Turns out our network was, indeed, unstable with intermittent packet loss and routing deficiencies... The main culprit appears to have been Virtual Port Channeling (VPC) misbehaving or misconfigured on a physical uplink switch...VPC, in our case, was established to complement our vSphere Teaming and Failover Policy Settings.

0 Kudos