VMware Cloud Community
blanket
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

VRA8 - XaaS presentation logic - is it possible to reuse VRO workflow presentation logic with VRA XaaS?

Hi all!

Playing with VRA8 + XaaS + presentation logic... it seems that VRA XaaS catalog item will not make use of VRO workflow presentation logic.

(we have relied solely on VRO workflow presentation logic to control VRA XaaS presentation with VRA 7)

Is support for XaaS catalog item to use VRO workflow presentation logic planned to be added in later VRA8 release?

Or is this the end of support and VRA XaaS presentation logic is to be rewritten using custom forms?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
2 Replies
stevenbright
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I believe this is a limitation of the new presentation implementation first introduced in vRealize Orchestrator 7.6. Per the vRealize Orchestrator 7.6 Release Notes:

The input parameter constraints of workflows created or edited in the vRealize Orchestrator Client do not automatically transfer to the XaaS blueprint request form in vRealize Automation. To use these workflows in XaaS operations, you must manually define the input parameters constraints in the XaaS blueprint request form. This limitation does not impact workflows created and edited exclusively in the Orchestrator Legacy Client.

There were apparently several changes made with the new HTML IDE client for vRO that prevent backward compatibility. The release notes in 7.6 also explicitly state:

Workflows created and edited in the new HTML5-based vRealize Orchestrator Client are not compatible with the Java-based Orchestrator Legacy Client.

I have yet to test this in vRealize Automation 8, but my guess would be that the same issues exist which prevent presentation layer logic from working in the XaaS form.

0 Kudos
blanket
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Possibly - I need to research it more as well.

What I did was I imported a VRO workflow from v7.5 to in 8.0.1. and then created XaaS blueprint from that.

In v7.5, the XaaS blueprint presentation would copy / use VRO workflow presentation logic.

In v8.0, the XaaS blueprint presentation logic is empty / missing...

Hence I'm wondering if this is coming or not ... ideally someone with roadmap would answer this.

0 Kudos