VMware Cloud Community
AnotherPassword
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

VRA8 Allocation Error looking for detailed logs

Deployment fails with 'Allocation filter error: The storage requirements for hosts selection are not satisfied.'

I have this blueprint able to deploy to multiple other resource, and have verified tags etc.

Looking at the JSON on the detail of the provisioning diagram, tags match all the way down, so this is a valid placement decision, but it gets that allocation error, and that is all it says.

Any idea where I could get more detailed log like what storage requirements it is looking at?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
emacintosh
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

not sure if it's helpful or relevant, but we have noticed that storage is chosen first and then from there compute gets selected.  And in our case, the storage chosen isn't available on the compute chosen.  So even though we do have "valid" scenarios of storage/compute based on the tag constraints, vRA kinda determines storage in a bubble and then compute in a bubble and then fails because they're not compatible.

0 Kudos
Commens
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Did you ever figure this out?  I'm running into the same issue now.  I can deploy to different clusters/storage pools/networks.  However there's one cluster where I'm getting the same error.  Tags all look good too. 

0 Kudos