VMware Cloud Community
mdshyfurr
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

VRA8.2 installation failed with LCMVRAVACONFIG590004

Hi All,

I was installing VRA8.2 but end up with the error below. can anyone help?

Error Code: LCMVRAVACONFIG590004
First boot check failed on vRealize Automation. Check if all the network details provided are valid.
vRA VA deployment failed at first boot check on host name vra.home.lab

com.vmware.vrealize.lcm.common.exception.EngineException: vRA VA deployment failed at first boot check on host name vra.home.lab
	at com.vmware.vrealize.lcm.plugin.core.vra80.task.VraVaPostInstallCheckTask.execute(VraVaPostInstallCheckTask.java:118)
	at com.vmware.vrealize.lcm.automata.core.TaskThread.run(TaskThread.java:45)
	at java.base/java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(Unknown Source)
	at java.base/java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source)
	at java.base/java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
lnairn
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hi @mdshyfurr ,

Do you have DNS resource (both A and reverse) records for the deployment?

Check this entry, is similar to your issue (https://communities.vmware.com/t5/vRealize-Automation-Tools/VRA-8-1-deployment-by-Life-cycle-manager...

Regards,

Leandro.

0 Kudos
premkr81
Contributor
Contributor

Check if your DNS settings for vra.home.lab is fine. A record and PTR record should resolve properly.

0 Kudos
Jay35
Contributor
Contributor

I ran into same issue when deploying vRA in VCF. This issue may be tied to specifically 8.2 version. You will need to change root password as soon as the vRA appliance is deployed (during first boot). 

Follow this KB - How do I reset the root password for vRealize Automation (vmware.com)

Your installation will continue without an issue. 

qc4vmware
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

I hit this same issue as well at some point and it was either the password needed to be reset or couldn't be set to no expiration.  I ended up changing the root password as well as resetting expiration for 365 days then post upgrade flipped it back to no expire.

0 Kudos