VMware Cloud Community
sajithru
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

VRA VM Request fails with Customization Specification

Hi,

I am trying to deploy a virtual machine in VRA with windows customization specification. In my CS I have defined to obtain the hostname during deployment (ask user). So in my machine blueprint I have specified a custom property called "hostname" and assigned my hostname during deployment. However, the deployment fails with following message.

Request failed: Machine vcloud-win03: CustomizeVM : [CustomizeVM_Task] - A specified parameter was not correct: hostname.

Also If I set a name for a virtual machine during deployment it omits the machine prefix "vcloud-win" and also fail to get the hostname.

So how can I provide a separate name for hostname (apart from virtual machine name) and still keep the virtual machine name prefix attached to it?

Thank you.

-Sajith Ru.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sajithru
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

As I find out the property "Hostname" sets the virtual machine name. not the actual hostname I need to be used during Customization. So when I set the CS to get the hostname from VM name it executes without any error.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
rwk1982
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hello!

Is your custom property named "hostname" or "Hostname"? As far as i remember this property must be case sensitive.

Robert

Drink coffee.. Do stupid things faster with more energy...
0 Kudos
sajithru
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hi Robert,

I tried with both but still I get the same error. I'm just wondering though, Can I use the customization specification to do what I need to do? Or is there a solution outside of Customization specification to configure hostname and AD connectivity?

0 Kudos
sajithru
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

As I find out the property "Hostname" sets the virtual machine name. not the actual hostname I need to be used during Customization. So when I set the CS to get the hostname from VM name it executes without any error.

0 Kudos
KoThwin
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

What is CS stand for? and Your full resolution plz.

0 Kudos