VMware Cloud Community
Ravi_2355
Contributor
Contributor

VRA 8.1 deployment by Life cycle manager Failing

Hi Team , i am deploying VRA 8.1 by life cycle manager on vCenter 7.0 and esxi 6.7 u3. underlying server is with 128 GB ram and no resource crunch.

Life cycle manager and IDM deployed successfully but VRA is failing .  Had any one face similar issue .

it take ages at VRAVAPostInstallcheck step and failed by throwing error  similar error

First boot check failed on vRA. Check if all the network details provided are valid.

- vRA VA deployment Failed at First Boot check on HostName vra.internal.masterwayz.nl

pastedImage_0.png

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
9 Replies
kumarsenthild
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I had similar problem with vCenter 7.0 , esxi 6.7u3 and vRA 8. After I upgraded esxi 7 , I am able to deploy without any issue

Regards Senthil Kumar D
0 Kudos
Ravi_2355
Contributor
Contributor

Hi kumar , Thanks for your response . i have upgrade es xi to 7.0 but the result remains the same.

DNS resolution working fine , no port blocked .

have you faced similar issue.

pastedImage_0.png

0 Kudos
Ravi_2355
Contributor
Contributor

com.vmware.vrealize.lcm.common.exception.EngineException: vRA VA deployment Failed at First Boot check on HostName mvra.contoso.com at com.vmware.vrealize.lcm.plugin.core.vra80.task.VraVaPostInstallCheckTask.execute(VraVaPostInstallCheckTask.java:104) at com.vmware.vrealize.lcm.automata.core.TaskThread.run(TaskThread.java:45) at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1149) at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:624) at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)

0 Kudos
vSohill
Expert
Expert

Check you DNS and NTP. Test the connectivity between VLCM and your vCenter

0 Kudos
Ravi_2355
Contributor
Contributor

Hi , DNS is working fine . NTP i am using as esxi host. all components are resolving names as per expectation.

0 Kudos
Ravi_2355
Contributor
Contributor

pastedImage_0.png

I have observed that VAMI is not appearing on VRA appliance . is there any special net work setting which needs to be looked after.

0 Kudos
AllanKjaer
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I just had the same problem, this was because, there was duplicate PTR records to the IP address for the vRA server.

10.10.10.10 resolved to vra.doman.loca. and server10.domain.local

just deleted the PTR for server10.

0 Kudos
miltonsarkar
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

Are you able to resolve it? I am having same issue. DNS is working fine.

0 Kudos
lilnet
Contributor
Contributor

I know this is old - but yep, duplicate PTR records was the problem for me too.

0 Kudos