VMware Cloud Community
rohi38rtt
Contributor
Contributor

VRA 7.6 HA NOT ABLE TO ACCESS VRO HTML CLIENT FROM INDIVIDUAL NODE

I have upgraded vRA in my Lab from 7.4 to 7.6. Once that was done, I was trying to open the new HTML Client. But it was opening using LB only and not from individual Node IP.

I then check for any latest patch and found a cumulative patch HF2 for vRA 7.6. I installed the same but still was not able to open the VRO Client form individual node. (Redirecting the node IP to VIP)

Though I can open the Legacy Java Client from individual node but not the HTML one.

Any suggestions ??

0 Kudos
3 Replies
iiliev
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

I think that this is the expected behavior. Due to the way Web login/authentication is implemented, it will redirect you to the host configured in the host settings, which in HA mode is usually the load balancer.

0 Kudos
rohi38rtt
Contributor
Contributor

But, I am able to open the Control Center from individual Node. then why no the HTML Client ?

0 Kudos
iiliev
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Control Center does not use the same Web login mechanism as HTML client (you login there using 'root' credentials instead of account(s) from the configured authentication provider).

I'm not familiar with all the details how the login / authentication is implemented in the HTML client, so I'm not sure whether the requirement to login into the client using load balancer address is mandatory or not from technical point of view.

0 Kudos